"Adopt a Spec" Program for JUGs
This program is intended to encourage JUG leaders and members to get involved by adopting a Jakarta EE Specification. The objective is to increase developer level participation in the evolution of the Jakarta EE Specification.
How JUG leaders can help:
Ensure that the topic of the adopted Jakarta EE Specification is consistently discussed, e.g. dedicate a portion of the existing JUG meetups to the discussions related to the adopted Specification, arrange monthly calls with all representatives of JUGs that are running the program in their groups.
How JUG members can get involved:
- Take part in specification development (API / specification documents / TCK / implementations)
- Write a blog about the Specification and add it on JakartaBlogs
- Promote the Specification on socials e.g. twitter
- Write a full end to end test web application (e.g. Pet Store for Jakarta EE )
- Read the specification and comment on areas it is unclear
- Write more tests above what we already have
What we can offer to JUGs:
- Promote and provide recognition to JUGs by listing them on the adopted Specification page
- Enable JUGs to have priority for organizing JakartaOne Livestream - local edition (providing framework and tools)
- Enable JUGs to have Jakarta EE release parties (e.g. provide Jakarta EE presentation material and giveaways for one Jakarta EE release party per year)
- Facilitate Adopt-a-Spec activities in the “hackerspace” at EclipseCon
- Arrange “Meet the experts” informal gatherings/tech talks at EclipseCon and other main events
- Opportunity to participate in live code-along sessions on Jakarta EE Livestream events
- Opportunity to participate in meetings with Jakarta EE committees or experts to discuss Jakarta EE related topics
How to sign up:
To sign up please be ready to provide the following information: name of the Specification you wish to adopt, URL to JUG’s website and JUG logo. Here are steps for creating a Jakarta EE pull request.
- Add a colored and a white organization logo to
static/images/spec_adopters. We expect that all submitted logos to be transparent svg.
- Update the Spec adopters data file
data/spec_adopters.yml. If your JUG wishes to adopt multiple Specifications, you will need to add your organization’s YAML definition to the adopters list of each of the relevant Specification nodes.
- The URL to JUG’s website
* Note that JUG members are welcome to become contributors and commitors on the Specification project and their participation agreements needs to be handled accordingly.
To be in the loop with conversations related to the “Adopt a Spec” program: